Introductions

Hey ya'll,

Welcome to what is probably your first VIRTUAL BOOK CLUB!

The idea to create a virtual book club came from my love of reading and also a bit of boredom after my graduation in 2010.  I created followmypagepal.blogspot.com.  Unfortunately, because that was sooooooo long ago, I no longer have the email address that I used to create that blog.  So here we are at followmypagepal2.blogspot.com.

I want this blog to be exciting and energetic.  I want it to be real and heartfelt.  I want you to feel comfortable to type exactly how you feel with no worries of offending anyone.  I want you to look forward to this blog.  I want this blog to motivate you to read more and encourage others to read.  I want this to be a place of therapy and release for you.  I want this blog to be one of the many highlights of your quarantine!


I'm excited to begin reading THE ROSIE PROJECT by Graeme Simison.  Considering all of current circumstances, I decided to go with something light.  This book is a bestseller romantic comedy with over 15, 000 reviews on Amazon.  Most said it literally made them laugh out loud.  This is actually my first time reading a romantic comedy! I also haven't leisurely read a book by a non-minority author in about 10 years.  Still totally excited to began though!





If you have not started to read yet, Sunday, April 3rd is the official date to begin.  The goal is to read 2 chapters per day.  On Monday, April 6th around noon, on this site, our first discussion question(s) will be posted with the next reading assignment.  The second discussion question will be posted Wednesday, then Friday and so on.  You can count on having meaningful dialogue each Monday, Wednesday and Friday until we complete the book.

But first, let's introduce ourselves!

Please comment below with your first name, where you currently live, your favorite book and what you most enjoy about reading.

Lauren
Brusly, LA
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
What I enjoy most about reading is how it can almost take you to a different world.  Reading is truly the reason that I begin traveling.  I wanted to go to the places and actually see the things that I read about.  Reading taught me how to create a paradise without even having to leave my bedroom.  

Comments

  1. Lindsey
    Baton Rouge, La
    Harry Potter Book Series (All of them. Can't pick just one! :)

    I love how reading gives you a break from reality. How some authors can make you emotionally invested with the characters in their books just from reading is pretty cool too. I'm also a nerd. I love learning and teach myself about new things. I just love to read <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi

    I love both the break from reality and the ability to tap into someone else’s imagination while still making it my own. I love how reading expands perspectives, evokes emotion, and literally gives people a common language. I also love reading as an adult bc of book groups like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lena Burrows
    Denham Springs, LA
    My favorite book is probably To Kill a Mockingbird.
    I love how reading can truly transport you to new worlds. It can teach us life lessons, show us a different time period or place. The best books may make you fall in love with characters you didn't understand at first and understand characters you at first didn't like. This is my first book club, so I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment